Grievance Resolution Procedures
IC 32-25.5-5-9 Requirements for claimant to begin legal proceedings
Sec. 9. A claimant may not initiate a legal proceeding seeking redress or resolution of a claim until the claimant has complied with the procedures described in this chapter.
IC 32-25.5-5-10 Notice of claim; required information
Sec. 10. A claimant must provide notice of the claim to the respondent, stating plainly and concisely the following information:
(1) The nature of the claim, including the date, time, location, persons involved, and the respondent’s role in the claim.
(2) The basis of the claim, including the provision of the governing documents or other authority out of which the claim arises.
(3) What the claimant wants the respondent to do or not to do to resolve the claim.
(4) That the respondent has a right to meet with the claimant, if the respondent makes a written request for a meeting.
(5) The name and address of the person from whom the respondent must request a meeting under subdivision (4).